March 9 – 16, 2019
All physicians and other health care professionals seeking clinical information in family medicine and/or emergency medicine.
This CME is divided into 2 sections
1st section: ACLS for EP
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing basic life support (BLS) care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Recognize and manage respiratory arrest
- Recognise and manage cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation of care, including immediate post-cardiac arrest care
- Demonstrate effective communication as a leader or member of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
- Apply the systematic approach to assessment, evaluation, and management of complex cardiovascular, respiratory, and other emergencies
*You will need to have the pre-requisite of the BLS course. Dr Mensour is offering the 4 hour BLS course prior to the commencement of the conference for an additional $100CAD. Please refer to the Extra Courses tab.
2nd Section: Family Medicine
- Fatal rashes you should not miss!
As practitioners, we encounter numerous rashes. Most are benign and chronic. Some are acute but relatively harmless. A few are acutely deadly. Do you know how to pick them out of a hay stack?
- Efficient approach to Syncope in the Office
The symptom of syncope is one of the most frustrating complaint to investigate and often leading to no diagnosis. You can stop pulling out your hair! Come see how the assessment could be done efficient and with joy! This will be a life-changing session.
- Fatal headaches you cannot miss
Primary headaches are common and benign. But patients present to us with undifferentiated headaches frequently. Are you familiar with those that are fatal? Come and find out how to recognize them quickly.
- How to manage hypertensive crisis in your office
Patients often present with chronic hypertension and more infrequently with hypertensive crisis. Most of these crises are very adequately managed as outpatients. Know the why, when, and how of office hypertensive crisis management.
DREAMS RIVIERA CANCUN RESORT & SPA
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa is a AAA Four Diamond resort designed to reflect the charm of the Mexican Caribbean and is surrounded by glistening pools, lush tropical gardens and a palm-studded beach. This 486 premium octagonal rooms and suites resort will allow guests to luxuriate in private and spacious accommodations with each room having at least one Jacuzzi and ground floor room offering a plunge pool, daily refreshed mini-bar, full marble bathroom, and a wealth of amenities. Nine gourmet themed restaurants without reservations, six fabulous bars ranging from elegant to swim-up, plus a fully-equipped fitness center and a world-class Dreams Spa by Pevonia® provide guests with a host of amenities. The allure doesn’t stop there – guests will be treated to complimentary greens fees at two championship golf course nearby.